- A custom database application that manages contacts, quotes, jobs, invoicing and cash-flow forecasting for a power industry contractor.
- It has full contacts management (i.e. people and organisations).
- It has a communications hub that allows for the rapid generation of branded letters, faxes, purchase orders, quotes, method statements, invoices, reports, meeting minutes, file notes and email printouts.
- It enables jobs to be managed in accordance with the client’s I.S.O.-registered quality management system.
- It allows for a job to be costed and quoted, for the quote to be tracked, for the job to be commissioned and scheduled, for the job to pass through all stages to completion, then to be reported and invoiced.
- A tracking panel on every job states instantly the stage that a job has reached in the process.
- It has a labour scheduling function, including the auto-generation of emails that get sent to personnel detailing their jobs for the week.
- It has been deployed on a mix of Mac O.S. and Windows O.S. computers, and is hosted on FileMaker Server for local and remote access.
Point of interest
This custom database application has management accounting information, based on the booking of labour and materials through time sheets and culminating in reports on job profitability; it also has quotes bank forecasting and cash-flow analysis.