- A web-based custom database application that captures the environmental impacts associated with business activities.
- It provides a structure within which organisations can evaluate their business activities, identify the environmental inputs and outputs of those activities and determine the environmental significance of what they do.
- It contains an actions module to allow organisations to set objectives for managing their significant environmental impacts.
- It also contains a comprehensive reporting module, using charts, tables and discursive content.
- It uses FileMaker’s web publishing capabilities.
Point of interest
This custom database application was a proof of concept developed through rapid prototyping for a joint venture organisation; it was used to show potential investors the viability of the idea.